Response to COVID-19
The outbreak of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is causing significant disruptions across all industries in Canada and many are finding themselves planning for an uncertain future. We appreciate the complexity of issues stemming from the outbreak and the speed with the situation is developing.
We at North & Company have two main objectives as the situation evolves: ensure the safety and well-being of our lawyers, staff, clients, and visitors to our office, and continuing to provide guidance to our clients through this uncertain terrain. We are closely monitoring new developments and adhering to the recommendations of public health authorities. At this time, all of our offices remain open.
We have put in place the following measures to promote a safe and healthy workplace, and continue to serve our clients without disruption:
- We have encouraged all lawyers, staff and visitors to practice proper hygiene, particularly frequent hand washing.
- We have asked all lawyers and staff to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, and to stay home when ill.
- We are limiting in person meetings and replacing with telephone or video-conference, whenever possible.
- We are ensuring the firm is as digitally-enabled as possible in the event lawyers and staff are required to work from home.
- We have imposed travel restrictions and are now limiting non-essential work travel outside of Alberta.
- We are monitoring personal travel and are encouraging lawyers and staff to follow local and government guidelines as they evolve.
- All firm members are asked to self-quarantine for 14 days if returning from outside of Canada.
Our firm intends to keep our clients updated on both specific client matters and generally as the situation continues to evolve.
We will continue to update our website with important information, developments and their implications.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our response and how this will impact our service, please reach out to your regular lawyer at our firm.
We wish you, your colleagues and family the best during this difficult period of time.
Updated as of November 3rd, 2020.