Anita I. Wahl
- Guardianship & Trusteeship
- Real Estate
- Wills & Estates
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Alberta (1981)
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology, University of Alberta (1978)
professional associations & current involvement
- Law Society of Alberta, Member
- Lethbridge Bar Association, President
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Lethbridge Legal Guidance, Volunteer
- Lethbridge Family Centre, Volunteer
- Claresholm Chamber of Commerce, Director
- Association of Collaborative Professionals Association of Lethbridge, Member
Anita was born and raised in Medicine Hat, Alberta. She obtained both her Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws degrees from the University of Alberta. As a youth, Anita’s dream career was long haul trucking, but her desire to help individuals soon swayed her into choosing law as her profession. Anita’s practice of law is a general one, and she has experience in all areas. Presently her emphasis is in real estate, wills and estates and corporate matters. In the past she primarily focused on matrimonial and family law. With her years of experience and well-rounded practice, she enjoys mentoring the students and younger lawyers as they start their careers with the firm. Over the years Anita has been very active in the community. She has provided freely of her time and knowledge with the Claresholm Chamber of Commerce serving as a board member and secretary; Lethbridge Family Centre as past chair and as a board member; Lethbridge Bar Association as past president and a board member; Lethbridge Collaborative Professionals Association as a board member and recognized as “Volunteer Lawyer of the Year”, for the Lethbridge Legal Guidance clinic.
Growing up Anita was active in figure skating and to this day she enjoys watching championship figure skating. As well in her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her two grown daughters, walking and playing with her two Golden Retrievers, downhill skiing and has recently taken up both cross country skiing and golf.
Anita works from the Chancery Court office in downtown Lethbridge and attends branch offices in Claresholm (Monday) and Taber (Thursday).